American author Michael Crichton dies at age 66
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
According to Entertainment Tonight, Crichton died after a long and quiet battle with cancer. His family said that his death was "unexpected".
"While the world knew him as a great storyteller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us — and entertained us all while doing so — his wife Sherri, daughter Taylor, family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes," said a statement by his family.
Crichton, who was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1942, was most famous for the writing of his Jurassic Park novels. He also published The Andromeda Strain, Congo, Rising Sun, Timeline, Eaters of the Dead, all of which became major motion pictures. He also created, and was an active executive producer of the hit television show ER.
- "Author Michael Crichton Has 'Died Unexpectedly'" — , November 5, 2008
- "Author Michael Crichton Dies" — , November 5, 2008
- "'Jurassic Park' Author Michael Crichton Dead At 66" — , November 5, 2008
- "Michael Crichton dies, aged 66" — , November 5, 2008
- Carl DiOrio. "Michael Crichton dies at 66" — , November 5, 2008