Arsenal signs Japanese Takuma; Chelsea signs Batshuayi
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Wenger signs Japanese youngster
Three years ago, Takuma joined Hiroshima aged 18. Since then, he has scored eleven goals in 56 appearances. Winning thefor three consecutive seasons — 2013, 2014 and 2015 — the young forward has also won the title twice.
Takuma would become the third Japanese player to join The Gunners and would become the eighth Japanese to feature in Premiere League.
Batshuayi to find his compatriots Hazard and Courtois
Batshuayi made his professional debut five years ago for the Belgian sideaged 18. In his third season, he was the league's second-to-top scorer. Two years ago, Batshuayi moved to Marseille. Though Marseille was 13th in the table last season, the Belgian forward scored 23 goals and provided ten assists in all competition; 17 goals were scored in the Ligue 1 matches.
Batshuayi made his international debut last year in March. Batshuayi featured in the Belgian squad in UEFA Euro 2016 and scored one goal against Hungary. With this addition, Chelsea's squad features three Belgians – Batshuayi, winger Eden Hazard, and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
After agreeing to the terms, Batshuayi said, "[Fellow Belgium internationals] Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have told me many good things about the club, and with Antonio Conte coming in it's an exciting time to become a Chelsea player." Batshuyi has been allotted jersey number 23.
- "UEFA Euro 2016, Last 16: France-Republic of Ireland, Germany-Slovakia, Hungary-Belgium" — Wikinews, June 28, 2016
- "Arsenal signs Mönchengladbach captain Granit Xhaka" — Wikinews, May 25, 2016
- "Arsenal agree deal for Japan forward Asano" — , July 4, 2016
- "Arsenal agree deal for Japan forward" — , July 3, 2016
- "New signing's squad number set" — , July 4, 2016
- "Batshuayi signs" — , July 3, 2016
- "Blues victorious in Batshuayi chase" — , July 3, 2016