Border agent killed in Arizona, four in custody
Thursday, December 16, 2010
The United States Border Patrol has announced that a Border agent, Brian Terry aged 40, was shot and killed in Southern Arizona near the border with Mexico on Tuesday night after a shoot out with suspected bandits who were targeting illegal immigrants. Reports state that at least four suspects are in custody with one suspect still at large. Terry was killed at around 11:00 p.m. local time ( ) Tuesday night near .
Border Patrol spokesman Eric Cantu told the Associated Press that the FBI is probing the agent's death and had few details at the time. Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Protection also released a statement saying, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Terry family for their tragic loss. Our commitment to Agent Terry and his family is that we will do everything possible to bring to justice those responsible for this despicable act."
Further details are not available at this time. U.S. flags across Arizona will be flown at half-staff in honor of Terry.
- Associated Press. "Border Patrol Agent Killed In Southern Arizona" — , December 16, 2010
- Joe Rossiter. "Flat Rock native shot, killed along Arizona-Mexico border" — , December 16, 2010
- "Border Patrol agent killed in southern Arizona" — , December 15, 2010
- Associated Press contributed. "Border Patrol Agent Killed in Southern Arizona" — , December 15, 2010
- Associated Press. "Border Agent Shot, Killed Near Rio Rico" — , December 15, 2010