Brazilian kidnapped in Iraq
Thursday, January 20, 2005
IRAQ –According to the New York Times, in an ambush occurring Jan. 19 in northern Iraq, outside of Baiji, a British man and an Iraqi security guard were killed and a Brazilian contractor was kidnapped. Both of the men who died in the attack were working for Janusian Security Risk Management of London. The Brazilian man, an engineer, was working for Norberto Odebrecht, South America's largest construction company. His identity was not revealed by the company.
The Army of Ansar al Sunna has taken credit for the ambush, posting this statement online: "The lions of the faith of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) were able to ambush and kidnap two agents - a Briton and a Swede - working for the intelligence agency of the infidel forces in Beiji and God's law was enforced by killing them."
The Army of Ansar al Sunna plans to release further details about the attack.
The Norberto Odebrecht S.A. removed its employees from Iraq.
- Two killed, one kidnapped, in Iraq ambush" — , January 20, 2005 . "
- "Foreign hostages still held captive or missing in Iraq" — , January 21, 2005
- Jason Keyser. "U.S. Troops Launch More Raids in Iraq" — , January 20, 2005
- Briton, Swede killed in Iraq" — , January 21, 2005 . "
- "Brasileiro pode ter sido seqüestrado por rebeldes no Iraque" — , January 19, 2005
- "Construtora brasileira anuncia retirada de funcionários do Iraque" — , January 20, 2005