British Member of Parliament David Taylor dies
Sunday, December 27, 2009
David Taylor, the 63-year-old Labour Co-operative British Member of Parliament (MP) for North West Leicestershire, died yesterday from a sudden heart attack whilst walking in Calke Abbey, Derbyshire with his family. According to his website, he was taken to Queen's Hospital, Burton in Staffordshire, but staff were unable to save him.
On their Twitter page, the Co-operative Party described his death as 'devastating'. Kerry McCarthy, Labour MP for Bristol East, described him on her blog as 'one of those MPs who could be described as a true parliamentarian'.
Taylor was elected MP in 1997, and was previously an accountant and computer manager. In 2007, he won the Commons Backbencher of the Year award. He was not going to stand for re-election.
- "Labour MP David Taylor dies following heart attack" — , December 27, 2009
- "MP David Taylor dies" — , December 27, 2009
- Kerry McCarthy MP. "David Taylor MP" — , December 27, 2009
- Co-operative Party. "Devastating news about the sudden death of David Taylor MP (Labour & Co-op, NW Leics)." — , December 27, 2009
- "David Taylor MP" — , December 27, 2009