British celebrity Jade Goody diagnosed with cancer
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
British television celebrity of fame has been diagnosed with .
Goody, 27, arrived in Indian version of Celebrity Big Brother, known as . Goody was a controversial character in last year's Big Brother, sparking over 40,000 complaints to , the British broadcasting regulator after she allegedly made racist and defamatory remarks to fellow housemate and Indian celebrity .on Tuesday night, having cut short her stay in the
Goody has stated she agreed to take part on the Indian version of the show as an attempt to make up for her behaviour last year. Shetty is hosting the show, and has stated that her "prayers are with Jade."
Goody has been accused of making the announcement as a publicity stunt, but her spokesman has dismissed this as "ridiculous". Goody has stated she "will worry for [her] boys if [she] get[s] unwell". She said that she entered the house, despite undergoing medical tests, because she "can't wait around for the doctors" and that bills need paying.
Goody is said to have signed a contract worth100,000 with Bigg Boss before her departure from the show. She is expected to undergo medical tests so doctors can see how far the cancer has spread.
- "Shilpa Shetty and Jade Goody reunion over before it really began" — , August 20, 2008
- "Jade Goody breaks down on return to London" — , August 20, 2008
- "Goody back home for cancer tests" — , August 20, 2008
- "Cancer Shock Goody Returns Home" — , August 20, 2008
- "I'm not racist, says TV's Goody" — , January 20, 2007