C-130 Hercules crashes in Medan, Indonesia
Saturday, July 4, 2015
On Tuesday, an Indonesia. All 122 people on board were killed as well as people on the ground in the city in , according to North Sumatra police Major A. Tarigan. Officials said the plane exploded on impact into a big fireball.crashed in the city of ,
The military said the plane took off at 12:08 pm(0508 ) and crashed five away a couple of minutes later. According to Agus Supriatna, chief of the Air Force, the pilot reported technical problems and requested return to base. The aircraft was en route from to .
The air force first said there were twelve crew members on board, but the total number of reported fatalities continued to change with later reports. Police found even more dead bodies from the crash on the ground, raising the reported death toll as high as 142 people. Some bodies have been identified by blood sampling, an official told newspaper.
There were some allegations that passengers on the aircraft were not limited to military families. The military is not allowed to fly civilian passengers, according to the air force chief, unless they are related to military personnel, or under some special circumstances. The chief is looking into these allegations to see if there were paying passengers.
The cause of this C-130 crash has yet to be determined.
- "AirAsia disaster: Bodies, wreckage found" — Wikinews, December 30, 2014
- "AirAsia jet vanishes over Indonesia, 162 missing" — Wikinews, December 28, 2014
- "Indonesia transport plane crash death toll rises" — , July 1, 2015
- Niniek Karmini (AP). "Indonesia C-130 Crash Death Toll at 141 as Search Effort Ends" — , July 1, 2015
- Indonesia military plane crash toll rises to 142" — , July 1, 2015/rw/ec. "
- At least 116 feared dead in Indonesia military plane crash: officials" — , June 30, 2015. "