articles in this category are not just those about the "State", also about people in the geographic location, and events in the location. no other country or territorial category page in wikinews says that articles in the cat are only about the "state", and neither should this. — Doldrums(talk) 06:56, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- So [[Category:Israel]] doesn't deal with the State of Israel? Then why are articles about the government/people of the State of Israel listed under [[Category:Israel]]? PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 06:59, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- According to certain groups  "Palestine" includes the entirety of the modern day "State of Israel". Would you be OK with merging [[Category:Israel]] with [[Category:Palestine]]? PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 07:04, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- and while u're at it, tell me what there articles Nominations announced for 78th Academy Awards, Israeli soldier convicted of killing British activist in Gaza Strip, have to do with the State of Palestine. — Doldrums(talk) 07:08, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- If you agree to a merger, we will name this category [[Category:Palestine]] and do away with the State of Palestine thing. PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 07:14, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- The changes are necessary to clarify that this category deals with the "State of Palestine" as opposed to "Palestine" which would include the entire "State of Israel" alongwith some other areas. if you can come up with a better way to clarify the same, please inform me. PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 07:12, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Go ahead, do what you want Ilya and Doldrums. I can't waste time on this unless you stop edit-warring. PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 07:20, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
"Palestine" vrs. "Palestinian Territories"
"Articles relating to Palestine"
is problematic since it does not make it appears to imply that articles relating to Israel are also in this category, which is not the case. i suggest that "Palestinian Territories", "Occupied Palestinian Territories" or, even better, "[[w:Palestinian Territories|Palestine]] (Gaza, West Bank & East Jerusalem)" be used. pls keep in mind that category pages are meant to help readers find news articles, not make a political statement. — Doldrums(talk) 11:41, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
Category needs to be renamed
Palestine is not a country, it's a region. a region that includes both Israel, the adminstered PNA and possibly Jordan perhaps also parts of Syria or Lebanon or Egypt. It's not a state and the flag is simply the PA flag. Article should be re-named accordingly. Amoruso 13:27, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. It's been almost a year since this comment was written as well. Why has the name of this category not been changed. Or at least made so that "Palestine" is not referred to as a country? Smaug 21:50, 27 September 2007 (UTC)