Chile beats Argentina to win first Copa America title
Monday, July 6, 2015
On Saturday, host nation ((en))Spanish language: America Cup, which was held in located in the Chilean city of , to clinch the title for the very first time.defeated 4–1 over penalties in the
The first half saw 3. In total, both halves, 49 fouls were committed. Nobody scored in the first half of the match. Chile had 57% possession of the ball. The second half saw 4 yellow cards, but neither team could find the net. Since the second half ended in 0–0, the match proceeded to . missed some chances to score a goal for Argentina. Argentina has not won any major trophy in the past 22 years.
Chile began the penalty-shootout. Chilean players converted each penalty kick into goal, whereas except forstar , no other Argentine could score a penalty. Misses by and turned out to be costly for Argentina and the final strike by forward Alexis Sanchez sealed the victory by the host nation.
|July 4, 2015|
17:00 ( )
Referee: ( )
Man of the Match:
- Tim Hill. "Chile win Copa América after beating Argentina on penalties – as it happened" — , July 5, 2015
- Phil Dawkes. "Agentina 0-0 Chile (1-4 on pens)" — , July 5 ,2015
- "World Match Centre - FIFA.com" — , July 4, 2015
- Tom Webber. "Vidal named MasterCard Man of the Match in Copa América final win" — , July 4, 2015
- "HTML Centre" — , July 4, 2015 ()
- "Árbitros designados para la gran final de la Copa América" — , July 1, 2015 ()