Comments:Bush, Brown threaten further sanctions against Iran
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
- Don't be so dramatic. --BamaMac
Do the iranians care? They have oil... I believe that it is them that have the power to sanction, not the US or the UK...
- Well the thing is that an economy does not (or at least should not) live on oil alone. Also note that they are the "the second biggest gasoline importer in the world after the United States, consuming over 400,000 bbl/d" , so they are very dependent on other nations. Considering this dependences in both directions, buying gasoline and their dependence on selling oil, I don't think Iran has much sanctioning power. QUINTIX (talk) 12:14, 17 June 2008 (UTC)