Comments:Hillary Clinton threatens to 'totally obliterate' Iran if it attacks Israel
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
What the fuck
Everyone who looked at this and thought "What the fuck" please sign here.--220.127.116.11 17:09, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- Wait... didn't her husband make a bunch of threats toward some middle east countries in the 90's saying we'd kick their ass if they didn't listen... they didn't listen and uh... he still did nothing but blow smoke. So is she posturing like her hubby to appear strong? I wonder if that's a sign of how much involvement the former pres will have in her decision making (does that sound unconstitutional to anyone else?). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:11, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- w:User:Ian Lee 22:30, 22 April 2008 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- I'll sign, but I don't know why you're surprised. Could you possibly be the only person who didn't know how hawkish Clinton is? Of course, whether she is this way by her nature or because she thinks it's the only way for a woman to be taken seriously in national politics is anyone's guess. --on WP as User:Kasreyn. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:49, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
- Here's my signature. Is this her idea of foreign policy??? Perhaps it's to win superdelegates? I'm surprised she said something so foolish. Umm... just a hint Hillary: we don't want any more "wars"... She wants to win, right?
But she might just be making a play for super delegates, i.e. trying to seem more likely to beat McCain. Well, Obama will motivate the base. I imagine most super delegates that vote based upon chances to beat McCain will give him props for that. Nyarlathotep - (talk) 20:59, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
If I choose Obama, I attack Pakistan. If I choose Clinton or McCain, I attack Iran. Wtf?
Come on guys, it...it can't be that hard to NOT go to war, right? Could we have a 20-year period where we don't start another war or conflict. Is that so hard to fucking ask? Fephisto - (talk) 21:04, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
someone once said, back to business as usual. I agree with that statement 188.8.131.52 22:59, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- I think there is still a difference between attacking terrorists within an allied country if said allied country is not able to respond and threatening to obliterate a country whether allied or otherwise.
- As far as I know, not even the Bush administration ever used the word "obliterate" referring to an entire country. Does she really thiink she'll get more votes with such statements?--184.108.40.206 08:26, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
if it happened
Realistically, if Israel gets attacked by anyone, America is going to rally in support of Israel. We're their biggest ally, they're our little sea of influence in the Middle East... so what else would we do in that situation other than help out Israel? It wouldn't be like Iraq where we went in essentially unprecedented, it would be like Afghanistan when we went in there with a reason, and a purpose.
Sidebar: "If you act a fool sonny, I'll whip out the belt on your hide!" I got an image of a grandparent threatening a little kid for some reason. 220.127.116.11 04:07, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
It's all wars nowadays.
Hillary Clinton has barbarian brains!
This confirms my decision not to vote for her. I'm sick of this narrow-minded rhetoric.
Her statements confirm that she is, indeed, another puppet.
To think this woman wants to become the US president.
It's disgusting that someone so...obnoxious and crude, would even be in the running for a presidential nomination is beyond me. She brings nothing to the table, and all she does in debates is try to make Obama look bad so people look past the fact that she is a terrible candidate. I just hope word of this latest outburst reach PS voters before they vote. Maybe we'll get lucky, and she'll lose...Then she'll go cry, again. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:38, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Hilary, you don't make sense
So you want to do something reckless, foolish and tragic to Iran in order to deter them from doing something reckless, foolish and tragic to Israel? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Supawhitney (talk • contribs) 22:40, 24 April 2008 (UTC)