Comments:O. J. Simpson sentenced to 15 years in prison
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Throw away the key. 184.108.40.206 10:18, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
It is ludicrous both that he had the arrogance to do it and that he's only going to have to serve 5 years. BUT since they will all be served in solitary, his ex-wife's death will be some what avenged. FUCK OJ SIMPSON
PerryO220.127.116.11 21:06, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
He knows he killed those two before, yet still wont confess. This isnt half of bad as the karma he has on his soul. Just wait til he meets his cell neighbour Bubba, 6'6" of tatoos and cottage cheese flab thrusting his manhood where the sun has never met OJ. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:17, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
How can OJ do this...
I am wondering why he did another crime. Dont you think the first one was enough, That was a hint saying "Oj, you are lucky that you got away from that one now stop and learn the morals". But to have his scene in Las Vegas is another, it seems that he didnt get the hint. But it was sortof good to own up to what he did. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:43, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
People are idiots
The judge said herself that this crime had nothing to do with the murders 13 years ago. As it should not. He was not on trial for that. The Sentence he received is not punishment for his past mistakes. He was found not guilty before, regardless of your opinion, he IS NOT GUILTY ACCORDING TO THE LAW. And thus, none of you have the right to judge him based on what happened in that trial for this one.
I for one am glad most of you are not judges. If you were, i would fear for my rights.
That being said, i dont have an opinion on Simpson, so call me a simpson-lover, i dont care. Respect his rights and his not-guilty status. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:42, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
Pulling that off at his age with his history and status shows a lot of I-don't-give-a-shit, or like the prosecutors said, "much more than stupidity" 188.8.131.52 16:29, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
I think that O.J.'s solitary confinement is good he could do with a little time out of the spotlight for his own stupidity. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:33, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
the sentence is ludicrous.... all for a bit of threatening behaviour.... after all what are guns for ..in the great free west.dr.d.-220.127.116.11 14:07, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Gee, why would anybody be surprised? He got away with murder so he probably thought he could get away with this too. Luckily this was a fair trial and he finally got what he deserved. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
A Matter Of Opinion!!!
I will agree that O.J Simpson is not the brightest cookie in the jar, however no matter how dumb he may be fair is fair! O.J Simpson is guilty of stupidity that is for sure. But the sentence that O.J Simpson received truly shows how racist this society is. While it does not surprise me I had hoped that we were advancing as a society. The first O.J Simpson trial was a joke, and the second trial just showed how eager people are to get revenge. The only hope that O.J Simpson has is that there is a GOD! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Clyons12 (talk • contribs)
- I'm sorry, his first trial was a joke? It was only a joke that he got off. There was DNA evidence! His blood was all over the scene! And his lawyer got that evidence thrown out of court because it sat in the back of the CSU guy's truck for a few hours. Umm... it takes DNA about 100,000 years to break down even when it is exposed to the elements. A few hours in the back of someone's truck won't do anything to it. It is damned tough stuff. So yeah, that trial was indeed a joke. (If I ever commit a crime, I really hope that I have Johnnie Cochran on my defense team. If he can get someone off when there is rockhard DNA evidence against them, he can get anyone off for anything, regardless of the evidence stacked against them.)
- Course, this second trial was a crock of shit too. I think that it was conducted in a horribly unfair fashion. That sentence was way out of proportion for the crime that was committed. Most people just "revolving door" their way out of a fairly minor crime like that. The people who prosecuted him, as well as those who sentenced him, were obviously trying to get revenge on him for his earlier crimes, but that's not how the system is suppose to work. Gopher65talk 00:29, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
OJ Is A Coward
Im glad OJ is in jail, its about time that he gets what he desevers. I hope he rots in hell.. He is a murderious prick
—Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:20, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
Comments from feedback form - "IT IS FAULTY AS FUCK"
this is the most spiteful thing! it was done out of revenge for niochol. 33 yrs for atemting to retrieve something that belongs to you? he was set up bad. feel sorry for him