Comments:Series of earthquakes strikes Reno, Nevada area
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
- "ridiculously large crime rate" - what the hell are you talking about? --SVTCobra 14:30, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
I live in Northwest Reno Nevada and around 11:30 pm my family felt the earthquake that hit us with quite an impact. I lost a few small items that were keepsakes, and I kind of feel there are more large quakes coming our way.......and I was born in Los Angeles.....You can run but you cannot hide.....
My opinion on the recent Northern Nevada Earthquakes!
I am not sure if you felt the earthquake last night on the 25th of april about 20 minutes to midnight, but that was a shaker.
Anyways its real funny if you think about it we don't get too many earthquakes, so we think, but lately it's been another story. If you think of it doesn't or isnt there a volcano around the Verdi area?????? Maybe we should consider its not the BIG ONE but yet maybe shes about to blow her top!
Thanks Judith Williams
I've just found it odd that in the past four days we've had over a hundred. Maybe I just didn't notice the ground shaking so much in the past, but I highly doubt it. The earth has been shaking like a machine gun lately.
- FYI: There have probably been over 300-400 tremors in the last few days in the area. The big one on the 25th was 4.7, but was very shallow and caused a lot of damage for a quake of its size. There's no reason to believe in a volcano (we're simply around many fault lines), but there's some speculation that we may get a bigger quake yet. Jade Knight - (talk) 07:23, 28 April 2008 (UTC)