Death toll up to six in Minneapolis bridge collapse
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Richard Stanek addressed reporters in a news conference on Friday morning, officially revising the death toll from the collapse of the I-35W bridge to five, up from four. This fifth victim was pulled from the wreckage of a tractor trailer rig which had been engulfed in flame.
According to Bloomberg the number of missing persons is currently eight.
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), in its 2005 report card said that the $59.4 billion spent annually to improve transportation infrastructure condition is well below the $94 billion needed.
- "Highway bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota, collapses" — Wikinews, August 2, 2007
- "35-W bridge collapse" — , accessed August 4, 2007
- John Hughes. "Minnesota Bridge Probe Focuses on Undetected Flaws" — , August 3, 2007
- Ayinde O. Chase. "Fifth Body Recovered From Minneapolis Bridge Collapse" — , August 3, 2007
- "Official: Low bridge death toll a ‘miracle’" — , August 3, 2007
Map and coordinates of I-35W bridge: 44.9789,-93.245