Debut from Booker-winner, final Canadian appearance of Stan Lee among announced Fan Expo Canada programming
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
, 's 2016 , scheduled for September 1–4, includes farewells to some icons, and the debut of a new work by a icon. The first batch of programming was announced in a media release late last week.
Saturday, September 3, acclaimed Canadian authoris to launch her graphic novel Angel Catbird, with illustrator Johnnie Christmas. The panel includes a question and answer session and an opportunity to purchase the book before its general release date. Other recent firsts from the 76-year-old -winning Atwood include a chamber opera that debuted in 2014, participating in the Fiction Festival in 2015, and being the first writer included in the , her Scribbler Moon not to be read until 2114.
, now 93, is in the midst of what he claims to be his final convention tour. As first announced in February, the , , and creator is to make his final Canadian convention appearance at Fan Expo. Also bidding adieu to the convention circuit are and , from the original television series, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
The remainder of the announced schedule includes various programs for the 50th anniversary of, including appearances by actors , , and , the four day long Geekfest Film Festival, and a live script reading of by voice acting legends , , , and . Panels include The Dark Knight III team, including a rare appearance by , the cast of , and an exclusive panel of and .
The 750,000 square foot event projects "over 140,000" attendees this year to Toronto's.
- "Fan Expo Canada's programming boldly goes where no fan has gone before" — , July 28, 2016
- Mark Hamill, William Shatner, Stan Lee among stars attending Fan Expo Canada" — , June 30, 2016 . "
- Sarah Goncalves. "Mark Hamill Making First Canadian Appearance at Toronto Fan Expo" — , June 30, 2016
- Alison Flood. "Into the woods: Margaret Atwood reveals her Future Library book, Scribbler Moon" — , May 27, 2015
- Andrew Fitzgerald. "Kicking off the 2015 #TwitterFiction Festival" — , May 11, 2015
- "Margaret Atwood's opera debut Pauline opens in Vancouver" — , May 23, 2014