ELF Cup kicks off in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Sunday, November 19, 2006
The football (soccer) tournament ELF Cup (Equality, Liberty, Fraternity Cup) kicked off today at 18:30 (EET) today between Crimea and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus in Atatürk Stadium, Lefkoşa, TRNC.
Eight teams are participating in the first edition of the ELF Cup, making it the largest New Federations Board tournament ever. NF-Board teams Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Greenland, Tibet, Zanzibar will be joined by FIFA's Asian Football Confederation sides Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and non-aligned sides Crimea and Gǎgǎuzia.
The cup is conceived of two groups, with top two teams progressing to the semi-finals. Group A features Gǎgǎuzia, Greenland, Kyrgyzstan, and Zanzibar; while Group B features Crimea, Tajikistan, Tibet and the hosts Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
The event cost the hosts 340,000 YTL, of which they expect to cover half through turnout. Head of Cyprus Turkish Football Federation (Kıbrıs Türk Futbol Federasyonu, KTFF) Niyazi Okutan called for Turkish Cypriots to come and support their national team.
- "ELF CUP 2006 North Cyprus" — , November 19, 2006
- "Haydi maça" — , November 19, 2006
- "ELF CUP'ın maliyeti 340 bin YTL" — , November 19, 2006
- "11 maçtır yenilmiyoruz" — , November 19, 2006
- Aha. "Futbol Federasyonu ELF Cup 2006 ile ilgili detayları açıkladı: Sekiz takımlı turnuva" — , November 19, 2006
- Aha. "Niyazi Okutan Elf Cup Futbol Turnuvası öncesi futbolseverlere çağrıda bulundu: Milli takımımızı yalnız bırakmayalım" — , November 19, 2006
- Aha. "ELF Cup ile ilgili hazırlıklar devam ediyor: ELF Cup'a destek" — , November 19, 2006
- "Okutan`dan ELF CUP çağrısı" — , November 19, 2006
- "ELF KUPASI FIKSTÜR" — , November 19, 2006
- "ELF CUP MAÇINI YÖNETECEK HAKEMLER" — , November 19, 2006
- Tenzin Dickyi. "Tibet National Football Team to participate in ELF Cup" — , November 17, 2006
- "Milli formayı Kerem giyecek" — , November 8, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|