Egypt postpones renewal of ceasefire talks in Cairo, following attacks in Sinai
Monday, October 27, 2014
officially informed it is postponing the renewal of the indirect negotiations to achieve a ceasefire agreement between and the armed factions in the , according to Hamas personnel yesterday.
Last week, Egypt encouraged the sides to return to the negotiations table today, in order to further discuss several issues yet to be agreed upon by the end of the last negotiations round. Hamas sources say attacks in thehave prevented the talks from occurring in their original date.
The head of thedelegation, , said the talks are to be renewed during mid- to late November. However, Hamas spokesperson Fawzy Barhoum told "It's Egypt that will set a new date for indirect talks brokered by Egypt, and Hamas will be invited to that round of talks".
Hamas MP Mushir al-Masri stated the Palestinian delegation was to arrive yesterday inthrough the , but the closing of the crossing by the Egyptian authorities, following attacks against Egyptian soldiers in Sinai, delayed its visit.
- "Egypt calls for renewal of ceasefire talks between Israel and Palestinians in Cairo" — Wikinews, October 23, 2014
- "Ceasefire talks delayed until mid-November" — , October 27, 2014
- Hamas: Egypt postpones indirect negotiations with Israel over Gaza truce" — , October 26, 2014 . "
- "Masri: Egypt postponed truce negotiations" — , October 26, 2014
- Hamas: Gaza ceasefire talks to restart next week" — , October 21, 2014