Failed UK suicide bomber Mohamed Saeed-Alim aka Nicky Reilly dies
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Mohammed Rashid Saeed-Alim, a failed English suicide bomber better known by his birth name Nicky Reilly, has died while serving a life sentence. He was 30.
Originally from, Alim in in 2008 when he was 22. He used glass bottles filled with nails, , and but one went off prematurely as he prepared them in the restaurant's bathroom.
Alim was hospitalised with facial wounds that required skin grafts, then prosecuted for the bombing. He admitted attempted murder andlater that year and was sentenced to life with a minimum term of eighteen years. He had considered alternative targets including a police station.
Alim had a mental age of around ten. He also had online and they suspected Pakistani individuals to be responsible for his radicalisation following conversion to Islam. Alim himself left a note in his bedroom saying amongst other things he had not been manipulated. His mother pursued a complaint against police in 2010 over claims he had told people of his plans to perform a bombing but police allegedly ignored this.and his mother said he had been manipulated by others. Police said at the time he discussed his plans
His body was found on Wednesday at. said there were "no suspicious circumstances" while the Prison Service simply noted the will carry out a routine investigation. reported unconfirmed claims Alim was found hanged.
Alim served most of his sentence at. This July he was sentenced for an attack on Broadmoor nurses with an accomplice. The pair used mugs and snapped DVDs as weapons after a change to rules on group Muslim prayers. One of the victims was Muslim.
Last year Kazi Islam, 19, was sentenced to eight years after being convicted of trying to pressure an autistic man into building a pipe bomb. Islam said he was inspired by Alim's case.
- "Failed suicide bomber imprisoned for life" — Wikinews, January 30, 2009
- "Police arrest two over Exeter bomb explosion" — Wikinews, May 24, 2008
- "Bomb explodes in Exeter, UK" — Wikinews, May 23, 2008
- Neil Shaw. "Plymouth nail bomber Nicky Reilly has died" — , October 20, 2016
- Man who tried to suicide bomb Exeter restaurant dies in jail" — , October 20, 2016. "
- "Exeter restaurant bomber Nicky Reilly dies in prison" — , October 20, 2016
- "Plymouth bomber Nicky Reilly 'attacked Broadmoor nurses after prayers row'" — , July 13, 2016
- "Teenager Kazi Islam jailed for 'terror grooming'" — , May 29, 2015
- "Youth inspired to radicalise by story of Nicky Reilly found guilty of terror plot" — , April 30, 2015
- This is Devon. "Mother of Nicky Reilly makes police complaint over lack of action" — , August 16, 2010