Final Harry Potter book's cover art released
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
"The structures around Harry show evident destruction and in the shadows behind him, we see outlines of other people," David Saylor, Scholastic's art director, said in a statement describing the U.S. version. "For the first time, the cover is a wraparound. On the back cover spidery hands are outstretched toward Harry. Only when the book is opened does one see a powerful image of "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", his glowing red eyes peering out from his hood."
The children's U.K. version of the cover shows an adult Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The adult U.K. version shows a locket with a serpentine forming an 'S'. It is believed to be a horcrux in which Lord Voldemort stores part of his soul.
The seventh, and final, book is due out on July 21, 2007.
The U.S. covers for the Harry Potter series are drawn by Mary GrandPré. The U.K. covers are drawn by Jason Crockcroft.
- "Publication date for last Harry Potter book announced" — Wikinews, February 2, 2007
- "JK Rowling announces seventh Harry Potter title" — Wikinews, December 21, 2006
- "The Covers for Last Harry Potter Book Are Unveiled" — , March 29, 2007
- "Final Potter book jacket unveiled" — , March 28, 2007
- "Final Harry Potter cover released" — , March 28, 2007
- CBBC News report with images.
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|