Football: Peter Stöger replaces Peter Bosz as Borussia Dortmund's boss
Monday, December 11, 2017
After BVB parted ways with Dutch capital club AFC Ajax to a second-place finish in the Dutch league , finishing just one point below , and won a silver medal in the , losing 2–0 against Manchester United.at the end of May, Bosz joined signed a two-year deal with BVB. In the 2016–17 season, 53-year-old Bosz led the
Dortmund were Bundesliga table toppers in the beginning of the season, winning nineteen points in their first seven league games. However, after September 30, BVB registered only one win in thirteen games, which was against third division club . Dortmund is currently seventh in the league table.
Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said, "Peter Stöger developed the club at Köln for over four years. He has shown he can bring stability to a team, and we need stability, especially at the back." Stöger was sacked as Köln's manager last week. Köln finished fifth last season under Stöger, but did not win a single Bundesliga game this season. BVB's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said, "We are not used to changing coaches during a season. We are thankful that Stoger accepted it. He has not yet signed a contract, but will sign a contract until June 30, 2018."
BVB did not win a single match in the UEFA Champions League group stage knockout phase. They finished third and are to play in the. Bosz's last match for Borussia Dortmund was at BVB's home stadium on Saturday against in Bundesliga which ended in a 2–1 defeat. Dortmund did not win a single game in the last eight league games. The Dutchman managed Dortmund for 167 days.
- "Borussia Dortmund announces former Ajax coach Peter Bosz as team's new boss" — Wikinews, Friday, June 9, 2017
- Stephan Uersfeld. "Borussia Dortmund sack coach Peter Bosz; Peter Stoger appointed" — , December 10, 2017
- Reuters. "Borussia Dortmund sack Bosz, name Stoeger as replacement" — , December 10, 2017
- "Borussia Dortmund sack Peter Bosz & appoint Peter Stoger" — , December 10, 2017
- "Peter Stöger appointed Borussia Dortmund coach as Peter Bosz is fired" — , December 10, 2017
- "Ronaldo sets new record as Real eventually see off Dortmund" — , December 7, 2017