Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak dies
Thursday, February 27, 2020
On Tuesday, Hosni Mubarak, the former President of Egypt, died aged 91 in a military hospital in Cairo, the country's capital. The country's state news announced the death on television. Cause of death was not announced. Reportedly, his family said he was in intensive care in hospital after a stomach tumour removal last month.
In the announcement on television, the government allegedly criticized Hosni's creation of new cities in the desert which were not economically feasible, ABC of Australia reported.
Egypt's current President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi announced three days of national mourning, Wednesday through Friday. A military funeral was held for Mubarak on Wednesday.
Mubarak was the President of Egypt from 1981 until 2011.
- Salma Nassar. "Salma Nassar on Twitter" — , February 26, 2020
- "Three days of national mourning after Mubarak's passing" — , February 26, 2020
- "Former Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak dies aged 91" — , February 26, 2020
- "Hosni Mubarak: Former Egyptian President dies aged 91" — , February 25, 2020
- Ruth Michaelson. "Hosni Mubarak, Egyptian president ousted during Arab spring, dies at 91" — , February 25, 2020