Former U.S. National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski dies aged 89
Saturday, May 27, 2017
On Friday,, a professor and former of the administration, died at the age of 89.
The New York Times reported he died at a , hospital.
Brzezinski was born on March 28, 1928 in Europe to Montreal, Canada in 1938 before World War II. Tadeusz retired from politics in 1944 when the Communists occupied his home country, so his family settled in the Canadian countryside., . His father , a diplomat, moved his family from
Zbigniew Brzezinski earned two degrees from Canada'sand then, in the United States, earned a from . He began his teaching career at Harvard and then .
Throughout 1960s, Brzezinski worked foras his advisor and then the administration. During the 1976 selections he advised Carter on foreign policy, then served as National Security Advisor (NSA) from 1977 to 1981, succeeding . As NSA, he assisted Carter in diplomatically handling world affairs, such as the , 1978; normalizing thought the late 1970s; the , which led to the , 1979; and the , 1979.
For his role in politics, Brzezinski earned thein 1981 and later the U.S. in 2016. He has lately taught at the and worked as a counselor for the .
Brzezinski wrote multiple books and some articles, including several from the 1950s.
Brzezinski was survived by his wife Eileen and his three children: daughter Mika and sonsand .
- Laurie Kellman (Carter national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski dies" — , May 27, 2017 ). "
- Zbigniew Brzezinski, national security adviser during Iran hostage crisis, dead at 89" — , May 27, 2017 . "
- Mary Papenfuss. "Zbigniew Brzezinski, Carter's National Security Adviser, Dies At 89" — , May 27, 2017
- David Caplan. "Zbigniew Brzezinski, President Carter's security adviser, dead at 89" — , May 27, 2017
- Nicole Chavez. "Zbigniew Brzezinski, Jimmy Carter's national security adviser, dies at 89" — , May 27, 2017