France finishes 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships on top of medal ladder
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
On the final day of individual competition at the 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships in La Molina, Spain, concluded today with the , France pulled ahead of Austria to sit atop of the medal ladder with seven gold medals, two silver medals, and three bronze medals to Austria's seven gold medals, one silver medal, and three bronze medals. Canada earned the most overall medals at the World Championships with fourteen total medals, two more than France.
France's medals today included a gold by Marie Bochet in the women's standing event. Bochet captured all five individual gold medals available in her group at these World Championships.also earned a gold for France, in the men's standing group.
Claudia Loesch earned a gold for Austria in the women's sitting group. It was Austria's only medal on the day.
Canada's medals today included a silver by Viviane Forest and her guide Chloe Lauzon-Gauthier in the women's visually impaired group, a silver by Mac Marcoux and his guide BJ Marcoux in the men's visually impaired, a bronze byand his guide in the same group, a bronze by Kimberly Joines in the women's sitting group, and a bronze by Alexandra Starker in the women's standing group.
Spain, who had not earned a medal since the second day of competition, increased their medal count by one whenand his guide earned their third gold of the competition after two competitions in a row where they earned es (DNF) during their second runs.
The final day of skiing saw 117 skiers start, with only 72 getting ranked at the end. 28 skiers earned DNFs during the first run, and nine earned DNFs during their second runs. Five did not start the first run, and one did not start their second run. Two skiers were disqualified in their second runs.
- "Austria regains medal leadboard after fourth competition day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 26, 2013
- "France leads medal count after third competition day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 225, 2013
- "Team USA delivers going into third day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 24, 2013
- "Austria leads medal count after second day of 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships" — Wikinews, February 22, 2013
- "Spain starts 2013 IPC Alpine World Championships with first and fifth place finishes" — Wikinews, February 20, 2013