French footballer Lucas Digne joins Everton FC on five-year contract
Saturday, August 4, 2018
On Wednesday, English club Everton FC announced signing French footballer on a five-year contract from the Spanish LaLiga winners FC Barcelona. The 25-year old Frenchman's contract runs through June 2023.
Digne joined FC Barcelona in 2016, from French capital-club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), and since then, the defender has played more than 40 matches for Barcelona. During his tenure at , Digne won one LaLiga title, one , and two titles. Prior to playing for the Catalan-club, Digne won two French titles with PSG. Internationally, Digne has featured in 21 games for France, but he was not a part of last month's FIFA World Cup in Russia.
After signing the contract with the Liverpool-based club, Digne said, "I want to show my best football here and discover the best league in the world. Everybody loves the Premier League. I am loving the fact I am coming here. I am not afraid, I am excited. For me, it is a new challenge to discover a country, a league, people and a great club such as Everton. It is fabulous." Everton's manager said, "It is important to say that he is a player who, from the first moment he was contacted, showed enormous desire to play at Everton".
FC Barcelona reported Everton was to pay € 20.2 million as well as another 1.5 million in variables for Digne's transfer. Before signing the Frenchman, Everton signed Richarlison from this season.
- "Lucas Digne: Everton sign full-back from Barcelona for £18m" — , August 1, 2018
- "Soccer: Everton sign defender Digne from Barcelona" — , August 1, 2018
- "Agreement with Everton FC for the transfer of Lucas Digne" — , August 1, 2018
- "Everton confirm signing of defender Lucas Digne from Barcelona" — , August 1, 2018
- "Blues Sign Digne From Barcelona" — , August 1, 2018
- Paul McNamara. "So Much More To Richarlison's Talent" — , July 26, 2018