Fußball-Bundesliga 2008–09: Forssell moves to Hannover 96
Friday, May 30, 2008
German-born Finland striker Mikael Forssell has signed a 3 year contract with Hannover 96 on a free transfer from Birmingham City. Birmingham City were relegated from the FA Premier League earlier this month.
Birmingham Head Coach Alex McLeish believes that, despite the transfer of Forssell to Hannover 96, his squad will have enough goalscoring to challenge for an immediate return to the FA Premier League for the 2009-10 season.
For Forssell, The transfer ends an association with English football which lasted 10 years. He has played at Chelsea F.C., Crystal Palace and Birmingham City over that time.
- Christian Hochstatter, Hannover 96 Sporting Director: "We are very happy that we could persuade Mikael to join Hannover."
- Mikael Forssell: "I am looking forward to playing for Hannover and in the Bundesliga."
- "Blues' striker Forssell makes Hannover switch" — , May 30, 2008
- "Forssell completes Hannover deal" — , May 30, 2008
- "Hannover secure Forssell signature" — , May 30, 2008