Ganguly makes comeback in Indian Test squad
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Ganguly is expected to play the first test match of the series against South Africa commencing on December 15.
Chairman of selection pane for the Indian team Dilip Vengsarkar said that the team batting had failed in one-dayers in the current series, so there is need to bring back experienced players.
VVS Laxman has been appointed as vice-captain of the test team.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Sharad Pawar cleared the air over Greg Chappell-MP dispute by saying that "What happened in Parliament should have no bearing on the incidents taking place in Protea land,".
The sixteen member-team is as follows:
Rahul Dravid (Captain), VVS Laxman (Vice-captain), Wasim Jaffer, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Wicketkeeper), Dinesh Kaarthick, Harbhajan Singh, Anil Kumble, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, VRV Singh, Zaheer Khan and S. Sreesanth.
- "Ganguly recalled for Test series" — , November 30, 2006
- "Ganguly set for Test comeback today" — , November 30, 2006
- "Bengal Tiger back for African safari" — , November 30, 2006
- "Ganguly makes comeback for Test team" — , November 30, 2006
- "Ganguly in, Laxman appointed vice-captain" — , November 30, 2006