Greg Biffle wins fifteenth career NASCAR Sprint Cup race
Monday, August 2, 2010
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Greg Biffle won his first race of the season after leading thirty laps on Sunday during the 2010 Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pennsylvania. The victory kept him in the top twelve points position, but he was still 428 points behind Kevin Harvick.
It was his fifteenth career victory in the US's leading professional stock car series. His previous victory came sixty-four races ago in 2008 at Dover International Speedway.
Tony Stewart finished in the second position, ahead of Carl Edwards and Kevin Harvick in third and fourth, respectively. Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Martin Truex, Jr., and Jimmie Johnson rounded out the top ten positions. The race had a total of five cautions and twenty-three lead changes among nine different drivers. Jimmie Johnson led the most laps by leading ninety-six.
In the point standings, Harvick and Gordon remained in the first and second position, and Hamlin maintained the third position as Johnson kept fourth. Burton, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, and Stewart followed in the top eight points positions. Matt Kenseth fell to the ninth position, as Edwards remained in tenth. Greg Biffle and Clint Bowyer rounded out the top twelve, and are currently in the Chase.
- Associated Press. "Biffle snaps 64-race winless streak; wins at Pocono for Ford's Roush" — August 1, 2010, August 1, 2010
- "Racetrax Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500" — August 1, 2010, August 1, 2010
- "Lap-by-Lap: Pocono" — August 1, 2010, August 1, 2010
- "2010 Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500" — August 1, 2010, August 1, 2010
- "2010 Official Driver Standings: Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500" — August 1, 2010, August 1, 2010