Gun scare at Concordia University, Montreal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
A student carrying a long bag and wearing military clothing prompted a massive police response at Montreal, Canada's Concordia University on Tuesday. Many police vehicles swarmed the Loyola campus, but the only weapon discovered by officers was a stick used for martial arts purposes.
The incident brought back memories of Montreal's history of campus shootings. In 1992, a Concordia professor shot four people to death on the campus. In 1989 Marc Lépine killed 14 woman during the Ecole Polytechnique Massacre. More recently, in September 2006, one student died when a gunman attacked Dawson College.
- "Canadian Governor General speaks on Montreal shooting" — Wikinews, September 15, 2006
- "20 injured in Montreal college shooting spree" — Wikinews, September 13, 2006
- "Concordia University gunman report a false alarm" — CBC News, January 9, 2007
- Josh Pringle. "Security Scare at Concordia" — CFRA (AM), January 9, 2007
- "Concordia campus evacuated over weapon scare" — CTV, January 9, 2007