Islamic cleric tries to bypass gender segregation
Monday, May 28, 2007
An Islamic cleric named Ezzat Atiya issued a fatwa to get around Islam. He stated that symbolic breastfeeding could be used to make it permissible for male and female colleagues to work together alone.and in
Dr. Atiyah had stated that the breastfeeding does not have to be by the woman herself. "[This can also be achieved] by means of the man's mother or sister suckling the woman, or by means of the woman's mother or sister suckling the man" he wrote.
Atiya works at the Egypt. The seminary was established by a and is named after . Zahra was the wife of . Al-Azhar University has a fatwa that officially sanctioned with one condition only: martyrdom operations are only allowed in Israel. The university has had this ruling for a long time and has stood by it., an Islamic seminary in
Atiyah had said,
|“||A woman at work can take off the veil or reveal her hair in front of someone whom she breastfed.||”|
According to, "If someone tells you he has a new interpretation of Islam, sock him in the mouth."
- L. Lavi. "Al-Azhar Lecturer Suspended after Issuing Controversial Fatwa Recommending Breastfeeding of Men by Women in the Workplace" — , May 25, 2007
- "Breastfeeding fatwa causes stir" — , May 22, 2007
- "Lecturer suspended after breastfeeding fatwa" — , May 21, 2007
- Mu'ammar Qaddafi. "In Overture to Iran, Qaddafi Declares North Africa Shi'ite and Calls for Establishment of New Fatimid State" — , April 6, 2007
- Colin Freeman. "The rise of Prof 'Crocodile' - a hardliner to terrify hardliners" — , November 19, 2005
- Islamic Extremist Agenda Exposed. Part.4 talks about Al-Azhar martyrdom operations ruling in Israel only