Lawsuit filed against Ed Sheeran for his single Photograph
Saturday, June 11, 2016
On Wednesday, British singer copied it 'note-by-note' in his 2014 single .and , songwriters of the song performed by in six years ago, claimed
The duo claimed there are 39 identical notes in both the tracks and they seek about US$20m (about 17.8m ) and from their song in settlement.
Matt Cardle, performer of Amazing, denied his partipitation in filing the lawsuit. He tweeted, "Please read news articles closely. This is not my lawsuit. I think Ed Sheeran is a genius & 100% deserves all his success".
Photograph, the fifth single of the album, has more than 208 million views on and has been purchased 3.5 million times. The song was featured in romantic movie .
The hearing is to take place in federal court in
- Matt Cardle. "Matt Cardle on Twitter" — , June 9, 2016
- "Ed Sheeran sued for $20million for allegedly copying a song by The X Factor's Matt Cardle" — , June 9, 2016
- "Ed Sheeran is being sued for $20m by two songwriters over his track Photograph" — , June 9, 2016
- Ed Sheeran. "Ed Sheeran - Photograph (Official Music Video)" — , May 9, 2015
- MattCardleVEVO. "Matt Cardle - Amazing" — , January 13, 2012