Lewis Hamilton wins 2008 Australian Grand Prix
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A thrilling race ended with only seven drivers met the chequered flag. It all started when Giancarlo Fisichella, a Force India experienced driver, was out upon the start. His younger teammate Adrian Sutil pitted a couple of laps later and left his car.
Fernando Alonso, who is back in Renault, drove stably although his car could not compete fully with McLaren's. Heikki Kovalainen overtook him on the last lap, but the Spaniard easily made a detour around McLaren and finished 4th.
Rubens Barrichello made a great deal for Honda with a 6th result. The last year decline appear to be nothing to worry about now for the team. Still Barrichello was disqualified a time after the race for leaving the pit-lane under red lights.
Kazuki Nakajima scored two additional points for Williams (three after disqualification of Barrichello).
Neither Kimi Räikkönen, last year's champion and previous Australian race winner, nor his teammate Felipe Massa finished for Ferrari. Still, Kimi managed to get one point after the disqualification of Barrichello.
- "Kimi Räikkönen wins 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix and the 2007 Championship" — Wikinews, October 21, 2007
- "Kimi Räikkönen wins 2007 Australian Grand Prix" — Wikinews, March 18, 2007
- FIA Formula-1 2008 ING Australian Grand Prix, live TV broadcast, 15.03.2008 14:00 UTC
- "Hamilton victorious in action-packed Melbourne race" — , March 16, 2008
- "Qualifying analysis - BMW Sauber eyeing maiden win" — , March 16, 2008
- Andrew Benson. "Hamilton wins dramatic F1 opener" — , March 16, 2008