Lewis Hamilton wins 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix
Sunday, July 26, 2009
His KERS-equipped car was quick enough to overtake all the rivals in front of him, except only Fernando Alonso (Renault), who took the pole position yesterday. But Alonso's first pit-stop brought trouble with an untightly done wheel nut and he left the front right tyre spinning off the track, luckily no one was hurt as compared to Massa yesterday, and Surtees last Sunday.
Massa's teammate for Ferrari, Kimi Räikkönen, also managed to get through from seventh on the grid, to second place with the help of KERS. On the podium, his second place trophy was presented by prominent opera singer Placido Domingo.
Championship leader Jenson Button gained two points for Brawn by finishing 7th and is now 18.5 points ahead of Webber, who has moved into second place ahead of Vettel. He split the two Toyota cars of Timo Glock and Jarno Trulli, who completed the top eight.
- Paul Logothetis, AP. "Hamilton picks up first Formula One win of 2009 at Hungarian Grand Prix" — , July 26, 2009
- "Hamilton and McLaren take shock win in Hungary" — , July 26, 2009
- Paul Logothetis. "Hamilton picks up 1st F1 win of 2009 at Hungary" — , July 26, 2009
- Caroline Cheese. "Hungary Grand Prix as it happened" — , July 26, 2009
- "Hamilton wins at last" — , July 26, 2009