Mahmoud Abbas: The Palestinians are eager to achieve peace with Israel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Friday, March 28, 2014
In his speech at theSummit in last Tuesday, president addressed the subject of peace and said that the Palestinians are eager to achieve peace with .
The Palestinian President praised thefor its contribution to the renewal of the peace process, and added that Israel created difficulties and "thwarted the American efforts."
Abbas claimed that the most recent obstacle presented by Israel is Israeli Prime Ministerdemand that the Palestinians acknowledge Israel as a Jewish state. Abbas stresses that the Palestinians "refuse to discuss" this demand. According to the Kuwaiti press agency KUNA, the Palestinians demand a sovereign state whose capital is according to the June 4, 1964 borders, preceding the Israeli occupation of the .
Afterwards, the Palestinian president thankedfor its 200 million USD donation to the , and encouraged the other Arab countries to help.
Emir of, Sheikh , pledged in his speech to help the PA by setting up a 250 million USD fund. Furthermore, the Sheikh reiterated his suggestion to establish a small Arab League to discuss a solution to the conflict between the movement, which rules over the PA, and , which reigns over the .
- "Leak suggests John Kerry will recognise Israel as Jewish state" — Wikinews, February 13, 2014
- "Canadian Prime Minister in first Middle East visit: Canadian assistance to Palestinian Authority" — Wikinews, January 22, 2014
- "Israel releases 26 Palestinian prisoners" — Wikinews, January 2, 2014
- "Palestinian Pres. says Israel doesn't want peace" — , March 25, 2014
- "Arab leaders air deep differences during summit" — , March 25, 2014