Major League Baseball roundup: September 8, 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sunday, September 9, 2007
- White Sox 8, Twins 7: Jim Thome had a solo homer (25) and the game-winning RBI single in the 7th.
- Orioles 11, Red Sox 5: The Orioles blasted seven runs off Daisuke Matsuzaka, capped by a Scott Moore grand slam.
- Tigers 12, Mariners 6: Brandon Inge hit the go-ahead two-run homer (14) in the 6th inning.
- Yankees 11, Royals 5: Alex Rodriguez hit a two-run homer in the 4th, and a solo homer in the 6th (50, 51); the latter began a 7-run 6th inning that put the game out of reach for the Royals.
- Devil Rays 5, Blue Jays 4: The Devil Rays came back from a 4-1 deficit, scoring four in the bottom of the 9th off a two-run homer by Delmon Young (12) and a two-run walkoff homer by B.J. Upton (23).
- Rangers 7, Athletics 3: Hank Blalock (7) hit a solo homer, and two RBI singles in the win.
- Indians 6, Angels 1: C.C. Sabathia pitched a complete game, giving up five hits and one run.
- Mets 3, Astros 1: Tom Glavine retired the first 15 batters consecutively, and left in the 8th inning, giving up three hits and one run.
- Phillies 9, Marlins 1: Greg Dobbs hit a solo homer (5) and an RBI triple (4).
- Dodgers 6, Giants 2: Luis Gonzalez hit a three-run homer (13) in the 1st.
- Cubs 5, Pirates 1: Alfonso Soriano had a two-run homer (23) in the 5th.
- Braves 9, Nationals 2: Jeff Francoeur hit a three-run homer (17), and drove in a run off a bases-loaded walk.
- Brewers 4, Reds 3: Rickie Weeks hit a game-winning RBI triple in the ninth to break a 3-3 tie.
- Padres 3, Rockies 1: Greg Maddux gave up one run and three hits in six innings of work.
- Diamondbacks 9, Cardinals 8: Stephen Drew tied the game in the 4th inning with a three-run homer (11).
- "Major League Baseball : Scoreboard" — , September 8, 2007
- "MLB Baseball Scoreboard" — , September 8, 2007