Man charged over London bombings
Wednesday, August 3, 2005
The charge reads: "Between July 23 and July 28 he had information he knew or believed might be of material assistance in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of another person in the UK for an offence involving the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism."
He will appear before Bow Street Magistrates in London on August 4.
Hussain Osman, another suspect for the July 21 incident at Shepherds Bush who the UK authorities wish to extradite from Italy, claims that the device in his rucksack was merely bag of flour with a detonator in it. He escaped from Britain via the Channel Tunnel and was arrested last week in Rome. He told his Italian lawyer that he was only staging a demonstration and had no intention of killing anyone.
- Richard Owen in Rome and Sean O’Neill. "Rucksack device was flour bomb, suspect says" — , August 4, 2005
- "Failed bombings: first person charged" — , August 3, 2005
- "Man charged over failed London bomb attacks" — , August 3, 2005
| The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.