Matt Kenseth wins 2011 NASCAR Samsung Mobile 500
Sunday, April 10, 2011
On the 214th lap, a three car accident occured, prompting, and to drive to the garage for repairs. Afterward, Truex said: "We were struggling a little bit tonight...It’s unfortunate. We sure didn’t need to be wrecked." Toward the conclusion of the race, Kenseth, who became the sixth different winner in the season, retook the first position after .
Afterward, he remained the leader to finish ahead ofin second. , and followed in the next three positions. managed the sixth position ahead of in seventh. followed Ragan in eighth, while could only manage ninth. Kurt Busch rounded out the top ten finishers in the race.
After doing his, Kenseth said: "Especially after two years, I didn’t know if I’d have a chance to get here again." Bowyer followed Kenseth's statement saying: "I didn’t have anything for him. I was driving as hard as I could to stay in front of him. It was a solid run, one we can all be proud of."
Following the race, Edwards becameleader with 256 points. Next, is second with 247, four points ahead of Kenseth and Johnson. Busch and Earnhardt are fifth and sixth respectively with 240 and 235 points. , , , and round out the top-ten point positions.
The 2011 season will continue on April 17, 2011 atfor the 2011 . The race will be televised in the U.S. on the at 1:00 p.m. EDT.
- "2011 Driver Standings: Samsung Mobile 500" — , April 9, 2011
- "Toyota Motorsports, 2011 NSCS Samsung Mobile 500 Race Recaps" — , April 10, 2011
- "Matt Kenseth dominates Sprint Cup race at Texas to snap long winless streak" — , April 9, 2011
- "NASCAR Race Trax - Sprint Cup Race Day - Samsung Mobile 500" — , April 9, 2011
- Mike Hembree. "CUP: Kenseth Cruises To Texas Win" — , April 9, 2011
- "Schedule" — , April 9, 2011