McCain shows interest in 2008 run to become American President
Saturday, November 11, 2006
John McCain, a prominent U.S. Senator from Arizona will launch a 2008 exploratory committee next week, said Republican Party officials. According to an official, McCain has already opened a bank account for the committee.
Aides to McCain say the senator will discuss whether to seek the presidency with his family over the Christmas holiday, and make a final decision thereafter. This decision was later disputed by a McCain advisor, but later evidence showed that McCain in fact has opened a bank account for an exploratory committee.
In addition, Joe Biden, a US Senator confirmed he will seek the Democratic 2008 Presidential Nomination and will probably hire a Exploratory committee early next year. Russ Feingold, a US Senator from Wisconsin who had previously been suspected to run has denied interest in the nomination saying he wants to continue his work in the US senate.
- AP. "McCain advisor disputes ABC News report" — , November 10, 2006
- Liz Sidoti. "McCain to launch 2008 exploratory panel" — , November 10, 2006
- Jake Tapper and Avery Miller. "EXCLUSIVE: McCain Begins Preliminary White House Run" — , November 10, 2006
- Hope Yen. "McCain edges toward '08 Run" — , November 13, 2006
- Rupert Cornwell. "McCain moves closer to bid for White House" — , November 13, 2006