Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party chooses new leader
Sunday, October 28, 2007
The Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party has elected a new party leader during its 25th Congress over the weekend. Current leader, Prime Minister Miyeegombiin Enkhbold, was defeated by Sanj Bayar in a 377-289 vote. Bayar, the former secretary general of the MPRP, is expected to succeed Enkhbold as Prime Minister following a decision to unify the positions of the party chair and Prime Minister.
- DPA. "Mongolia expects new prime minister after party reform conference" — , October 29, 2007
- Xinhua. "Mongolian ruling party wraps up its 25th congress" — , October 29, 2007
- "Mongolia prime minister replaced as head of party" — , October 28, 2007
- "Mongolia С.БАЯР: Би энэ албан тушаал руу нэг их зүтгээгүй юм аа" — , October 28, 2007 (Mongolian)
- Xinhua. "Mongolian ruling party elects new chairman" — , October 27, 2007