Mujahideen Shura Council claims responsibility for various attacks in Iraq
Saturday, April 29, 2006
The Mujahideen Shura Council, in seven communiqués issued amongst nearly two dozen between today, April 28, 2006 and yesterday, claims responsibility for a suicide bombing in al-Basra targeting British forces, several bombings and sniper attacks targeting American and Iraqi forces, and the attempted murder of the Iraqi Minister of Interior.
1. On Friday, April 21, 2006, a suicide bomber detonated himself on a gathering of British forces in al-Basra, allegedly destroying three vehicles and killing their occupants.
2. The second message states that the judge of appeals of al-Najaf court was assassinated Tuesday, April 25, and his weapon and car were confiscated.
3. An improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated on the motorcade of the Iraqi Minister of Interior in an attempted assassination in Baghdad. In this third message, the group states: “We ask Allah to help us to get his head the next time”.
4. On Wednesday, April 26 an IED was detonated on a “Crusader” armored vehicle in al-Mosul, destroying it and killing its occupants.
5. The fifth communiqué indicates that a rocket was fired at an American Humvee in al-Ameriya on April 24.
6. A “cross soldier” was purported to have been sniped in al-Ameriya on April 24.
7. The seventh communiqué states that two American soldiers were sniped in al-Ameriya on Saturday, April 22.
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|
More details are available here