NASCAR: Carl Edwards wins 2011 Kobalt Tools 400
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Before the finals, was first, but after the stops concluded, Stewart fell to third as Edwards became the leader. Edwards maintained the lead to win the race, while Stewart finished in the second position. took third, ahead of in fourth. managed the fifth position, after starting eighth on the grid. , from the , clinched the sixth position. followed Truex in seventh, while could only manage eighth.
, and rounded out the top ten finishers in the race. After doing his , Edwards commented, "It means a lot coming off of Phoenix. I went home last week and I had no clue, I just didn't know how things were going to go from there. You don't get a good race car like that very often, but we had another one today." Afterward, Stewart described his frustration by finishing second, "We had the fastest thing on the planet today and we just gave it away. It kills me to throw away a race like that." Following the race, Stewart became leader with 113 points. Next, was second also with 113, seven points ahead of Edwards and Montoya. Newman and was placed fifth and sixth with 103 and 96 points. Truex, Hamlin, , and Earnhardt rounded out the top-ten point positions.
The 2011 season will continue on March 20, 2011 atfor the 2011 . The race will be televised in the US on Fox at 1:00 p.m. EST.
- Jason Kirk. "NASCAR Las Vegas Results: Carl Edwards Wins Kobalt Tools 400 Ahead Of Tony Stewart" — , March 6, 2011
- Jenna Fryer. "Carl Edwards finally gets his win while Tony Stewart sees another race slip away at Las Vegas" — , March 6, 2011
- "Lap-by-Lap: Las Vegas" — , March 6, 2011
- "Racetrax" — , March 6, 2011
- "Drivers' standings" — , March 6, 2011
- "Schedule" — , March 6, 2011