NASCAR driver Kyle Busch wins 2011 spring race in Richmond, Virginia
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Busch, who led 235 laps, was over one second ahead of his teammateat the conclusion of the race. finished third, ahead of and . , , , and followed in the next four positions. could only manage a tenth place finish.
During the race,collided into , prompting Montoya to crash into the . Following the accident, Newman told his crew, "I can't believe they [NASCAR] aren't going to black flag that 42 car. ... I'm going to take care of it after the race." On lap 236, Montoya collided back into Newman.
64 laps later, a nine car accident, involving, , and six other drivers occurred. Following the accident, Gordon commented, "I seem to find the worst angles for hitting walls. I wish there was a SAFER barrier there. I seem to be able to find the ones without the SAFER barrier."
After the race, Busch said, "I learned from Denny last fall, and I'm not going to say what I learned. He might know, but we did a good job at doing what we needed to do." Next, Hamlin told his crew chiefthat he "didn't have anything" for Busch.
Following the race, Edwards remainsleader with 335 points. Nine points behind, Johnson is second with 326. In third, Busch is 30 points behind, but four ahead of and are fifth and sixth respectively with 300 and 289 points. Bowyer, Newman, Kenseth, and Stewart round out the top-ten positions for the Drivers' Championship.
The 2011 season continues on May 7 at
- "Kyle Busch wins Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400" — , April 30, 2011
- "NASCAR RACETRAX - Crown Royal Presents The Matthew & Daniel Hansen 400" — , April 30, 2011
- Horne, Lisa. "Kyle Busch wins Richmond night race" — , April 30, 2011
- "Kyle Busch wins at Richmond" — , April 30, 2011
- Ryan, Nate. "Kyle Busch beats Denny Hamlin for win at Richmond" — , April 30, 2011
- "2011 Driver Standings: Crown Royal presents the Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400" — , April 30, 2011
- "Schedule" — , April 30, 2011