NHL: Detroit defeats Calgary to take control of series 2-0
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Red Wings lead series 2-0. (Best of Seven)
The Calgary Flames fell to the Detroit Red Wings Sunday, giving the Red Wings total control over the series, 2-0. Detroit capitalized on Calgary's mistakes, scoring twice in the first 3:50 to take a 2-0 lead they would never relenquish. Flames' goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff was totally under siege throughout the game, attacked by 51 shots.
Pavel Datsyuk gave the Red Wings an early lead when he scored the game's first goal just 1:02 into regulation. With the 1-0 lead and a power play oppertunity, Nicklas Lindstrom, arguably the NHL's best defenseman scored to give the Wings a 2-0 lead. Calgary's Dion Phaneuf scored early in the second, but the Flames could never generate enough offense to make up for their early mistakes.
This Eastern Conference series continues in Calgary on Tuesday, April 17th, at 10:00 pm EDT, when the Flames will be looking to get back into the series with a win on home ice.
|1||1st||1:02||DET||Pavel Datsyuk (2)||Unassisted||1-0|
|2||1st||3:50||DET||Nicklas Lidstrom (2) PP||Mathieu Schneider||2-0|
|3||2nd||2:42||CAL||Dion Phaneuf (1) PP||Kristian Huselius, Roman Hamrlik||2-1|
|4||3rd||6:05||DET||Valtteri Filppula (2)||Johan Franzen, Jiri Hudler||3-1|
Three Stars of the Game
- #1 = Nicklas Lindstrom, D, Detroit Red Wings - 1 Goal
- #2 = Pavel Datsyuk, C, Detroit Red Wings - 1 Goal
- #3 = Daniel Cleary, RW, Detroit Red Wings
- Official Website of the Detroit Red Wings
- Official Website of the Calgary Flames
- National Hockey League Official Website
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Game Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Event Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Play-by-Play
- Yahoo! Sports Boxscore - Detroit Red Wings 3, Calgary Flames 1
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|