NHL: Flames burn Red Wings in Calgary
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Detroit leads series 2-1. (Best of Seven)
|Detroit Red Wings||2||3||Calgary Flames|
Two power play goals helped lead the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday. The Red Wings went into the match with a 2-0 lead in the best of seven series, and Calgary needed to win at home to give themselves of advancing.
The first period went by without any goals, but Calgary opened the scoring 9:20 into the second period on the power play as Matthew Lombardi scored, and Alex Tanguay and David Moss earned assists. Kris Draper then evened the scoring only two minutes later, with the only assist being credited to Daniel Cleary.
Draper was again on the scoresheet at the beginning of the third, with Cleary again assisting, as he put the Red Wings into the lead. An interference penalty to Matthew Schneider of the Red Wings then gave the Flames a power play, and Mark Giordano capitalized as his unassisted marker tied the game at two a piece. Jarome Iginla then scored the winning goal for the Flames at 9:21 of the third, with assists going to Wayne Primeau and Tony Amonte.
|1||2nd||9:20||CAL||Matthew Lombardi PP||Alex Tanguay, David Moss||0-1|
|2||2nd||11:30||DET||Kris Draper||Daniel Cleary||1-1|
|3||3rd||0:39||DET||Kris Draper||Daniel Cleary||2-1|
|4||3rd||4:43||CAL||Mark Giordano PP||None||2-2|
|5||3rd||9:21||CAL||Jarome Iginla||Wayne Primeau, Tony Amonte||2-3|
Three Stars of the Game
- #1 = Matthew Lombardi, C, Calgary Flames - 1 Goal
- #2 = Kris Draper, C, Detroit Red Wings - 2 Goals
- #3 = Jarome Iginla, RW, Calgary Flames - 1 Goal
- Official Website of the Calgary Flames
- Official Website of the Detroit Red Wings
- National Hockey League Official Website
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Game Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Event Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Play-by-Play
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|