NHL: Red Wings defeat Blue Jackets 4-1
Sunday, April 1, 2007
The Red Wings have a 3-0-3 record for the last three games, for a total of 108 points, surpassing The Buffalo Sabres in the race to be the team with the most regular season points to win the President's Trophy.
The Red Wings have won five straight Central Division titles, and increased their division lead to three points over Nashville for this season. There are three games remaining for both teams.
Rick Nash with a wraparound for the Blue Jackets with just 59 seconds left, Nash's 25th goal this season. This ended goaltender Dominik Hasek's bid for his 76th career shutout. The Blue Jackets had 32 shots.
Columbus has lost three games straight. This is just after a 4-game winning streak.
- Detroit: 01:57 PPG - BRETT LEBDA, - Assists: MIKAEL SAMUELSSON and ROBERT LANG
- Detroit : 10:27 TOMAS HOLMSTROM, - Assists: JIRI HUDLER and BRETT LEBDA
- Detroit: 17:16 SHG - PAVEL DATSYUK,- Assists: none
3rd Period Scoring
- Detroit: 00:49 TOMAS HOLMSTROM, - Assists: KRIS DRAPER and DANIEL CLEARY
- Columbus: 19:01 RICK NASH, - Assists: MARC METHOT
A Detroit fan threw an octopus on the ice. This is normally a tradition at the Joe Louis arena whenever a hat-trick occurs.
- . Det: T. Holmstrom
- . Det: D. Hasek
- . Det: B. Lebba
- AP. "Recap: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 1" — , April 1st, 2007
- National Hockey League. "Game Summary" — , April 1st, 2007