Nobel Prize in Literature Committee abandons efforts to contact Bob Dylan
Thursday, October 20, 2016
On Monday, Nobel Prize in Literature, had abandoned its efforts to reach him., permanent secretary of the at the , publicly announced during a radio program on in the committee, unable to reach directly about winning the 2016
Danius said, "Right now we are doing nothing. I have called and sent emails to his closest collaborator and received very friendly replies. For now, that is certainly enough." ((sv)) Swedish language: Just nu gör vi ingenting. Jag har ringt och mailat till den här närstående medarbetaren och fått mycket vänliga svar. Just nu räcker det alldeles utmärkt.
Numerous news outlets reported Dylan remained silent about the prize at recent concerts in the, but several speculated the artist was offering a response by renditions of certain songs, such as " " and "Why Try to Change Me Now."
Regardless of the singer/songwriter's reticence about the prize, Danius stated, "if he doesn't want to come, he won't come. It will be a big party in any case and the honour belongs to him." ((sv)) Swedish language: vill han inte komma så vill han inte komma. Det blir en stor fest ändå och utmärkelsen är som sagt hans och det är det viktiga.
On Tuesday,reported the Nobel award was recognized in a post on Dylan's official page.
- Charlotte Runcie. "What happens if Bob Dylan keeps ignoring his Nobel Prize?" — , October 18, 2016
- Randall Roberts. "What Nobel Prize? Bob Dylan has been silent on his historic honor" — , October 18, 2016
- "Bob Dylan: 'No word' from singer on Nobel Prize for Literature" — , October 18, 2016
- "Nobel panel gives up knockin’ on Dylan’s door" — , October 17, 2016
- Harriet Alexander. "Nobel Prize committee gives up trying to contact Bob Dylan" — , October 17, 2016
- Ben Sisario and Alexandra Alter. "Bob Dylan, the Newest Nobel Laureate, Maintains His Reticence" — , October 17, 2016
- "Akademien har slutat söka Dylan" — , October 17, 2016 ()
- "The Nobel Committee for Literature" — , 2016
- "The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 - Press Release" — , October 13, 2016