O.J. Simpson returns home; girlfriend says he's "fine"
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Former National Football League star O.J. Simpson returned to his home in Florida this morning after being released on a $125,000 bond. While Simpson is not talking to the media, his girlfriend, Christine Prody, said that he is "fine."
Simpson left the Fort Lauderdale airport in a SUV without talking to any reporters.
Simpson is being accused of armed robbery of sports memorabilia and faces 11 charges, 10 of which are felonies.
While aboard his US Airways flight from Las Vegas, Simpson nodded and smiled at the other passengers in the economy class section of the plane. He also signed a few autographs.
New York Post reporter Steve Dunleavy, who was aboard the same airplane as Simpson said, "between dozing and watching the movie 'Oceans 13,' [Simpson] didn't look the least stressed. In fact, he was rather relaxed."
- "O.J. Simpson posts bail in alleged robbery" — Wikinews, September 19, 2007
- "O.J. Simpson arrested for assault and other charges" — Wikinews, September 16, 2007
- "O.J. Simpson named suspect in robbery" — Wikinews, September 14, 2007
- AP. "Girlfriend Says O.J. Is 'Fine'" — , September 20, 2007
- CNN. "Simpson back home in Florida" — , September 20, 2007
- "Simpson Back Home in Miami" — , September 20, 2007