Ontario Votes 2007: Interview with Family Coalition Party candidate Bill Bernhardt, Kitchener Centre
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Bill Bernhardt is running for the Family Coalition Party in the Ontario provincial election, in the Kitchener Centre riding. Wikinews' Nick Moreau interviewed him regarding his values, his experience, and his campaign.
Please note that Bill provided his answers in "ALL CAPS"; due to the time constraints of this election coverage, it remains in this typographic style.
Stay tuned for further interviews; every candidate from every party is eligible, and will be contacted. Expect interviews from Liberals, Progressive Conservatives, New Democratic Party members, Ontario Greens, as well as members from the Family Coalition, Freedom, Communist, Libertarian, and Confederation of Regions parties, as well as independents.
Why have you chosen to involve yourself in the political process?
- I BELIEVE THE FAMILY COALITION PARTY HAS ANSWERS OUR PROVINCE NEEDS TO THE MANY PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS WE FACE .
Why did you choose to run in this constituency?
- IN ORDER TO BRING THESE VALUES, THE PLATFORM AND OUR SUGGESTIONS/ ANSWERS TO THE PUBLICS' ATTENTION
What prior political experience do you have?
What skills and insight can you bring to office, from other non-political positions you may have held?
- BUSINESS OWNER & LANDLORD FOR OVER 25 YEARS AS WELL AS A VOLUNTEER IN SEVERAL COMMUNITY AND CHURCH ORGANIZATIONS + A GENERAL INTEREST IN PEOPLE'S CONCERNS.
Which of your competitors do you expect to pose the biggest challenge to your candidacy?
- I BELIEVE ALL MY COMPETITORS HAVE THEIR OWN UNIQUE STRENGTHS AND ABILITIES BUT THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I HAVE IS GETTING THEM, THE VOTERS, TO TAKE MY MESSAGE SERIOUSLY AT THIS TIME
- BECAUSE MY MESSAGES, ALTHOUGH MORE IMPORTANT IN THE LONG RUN, ARE NOT IMMEDIATE ENOUGH FOR THEM OR NOT SOMETHING THEY FEEL THEY CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT SO THEY DON'T WANT TO PLACE THESE IMPORTANT ISSUES ON THE TABLE, DESPITE THE IMPORTANCE OF THEM OF THEM IN MY OPINION
What makes you the most desirable of all candidates running in the riding?
- THE PRINCIPLES OF MY PARTY STARTING WITH RESPECT FOR LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TILL DEATH. THE OTHER PARTIES SUPPORT PAYMENT FOR ABORTIONS NOW AND PROBABLY FOR EUTHANASIA THOUGH NOT PUBLICIZED, IF NOT NOW, IN THE NEAR FUTURE. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE KILLING THE YOUNG AND DEFENSELESS OR KILLING THE OLD AND DEFENCELESS AND NON PRODUCTIVE?
What do you feel are the three most important issues to voters in your riding?
- LOW BIRTH RATE OF 1.6 & FALLING FURTHER;
- HIGH DIVORCE RATE @ 50% AND INCREASING AND IT'S AFFECT ON SOCIETY; OUR COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN;
- THE SHORTAGE OF NURSING HOME BEDS.
Are these the same top three issues that are most important to you?
- LACK OF MORALITY & DISCIPLINE IN OUR SCHOOLS AND, DRUG USE, ADDICTIONS INCREASES AS WELL AS INCREASED CRIME.
What would you do to address these issues?
- EDUCATE THE PUBLIC TO THE SITUATION AND SHOW WHAT IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN IF NOT SOON ADDRESSED.
What should be the first order of business in the 39th Legislative Assembly?
- GIVE BACK THE RIGHT OF PARENTS TO CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN TILL VOTING AGE INSTEAD OF PAYING FOR CHILDREN TO LEAVE HOME AT AGE 12 OR 13 EXCEPT IN VERY RARE CASES. IMPLEMENT COURSES IN GRADE 9 TO TEACH STUDENTS THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF MARRIAGE AND IN RAISING CHILDREN AND OF ABSTINENCE TILL THEY ARE READY TO TAKE ON THESE RESPONSIBILITIES. WORK WITH CHURCHES TO HELP PROVIDE THESE COURSES. FOCUS ATTENTION ON ABOVE PROBLEMS AND DISCUSSION ON HOW TO CHANGE THE TREND.
Are the property taxes in your riding at a fair level for the amount of services received in the municipality?
- THEY MIGHT BE FAIR BUT STILL TOO HIGH AS TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT.
How can the province lead the way in stimulating job creation?
- FOCUS MORE ATTENTION TO BUYING IN ONTARIO(CANADA) AND PROMOTE WAYS FOR SMALLER BUSINESSES TO GET OFF THE GROUND. DEVELOP MORE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS AND CO-OP PROGRAMS AT SCHOOLS AND EDUCATE AND SOLICIT IDEAS FROM THE PUBLIC AS WELL AS STUDY SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS ELSEWHERE.
What are your views on the mixed member proportional representation (MMP) referendum?
- SHOULD OFFER A MORE REPRESENTATIVE SOLUTION TO THE PRESENT PROBLEMS.
What role, if any, does "new media" play in your campaign, and the campaign of your party? (websites, blogs, Facebook, YouTube videos, etc) Do you view it as beneficial, or a challenge?
- BOTH: OUR PARTY TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE VARIOUS AVENUES AVAILABLE BUT DUE TO PRESENT TIME CONSTRAINTS AND LACK OF PERSONAL SKILLS AND ASSISTANTS AT HAND, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE THEM EFFECTIVELY.
Of the decisions made by Ontario's 38th Legislative Assembly, which was the most beneficial to your electoral district?
- SOME FUNDING PROMISED FOR LOCAL ACHIEVEMENTS SUCH AS NEW SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE. To the province as a whole? MORE MONEY FOR HEALTHCARE.
Which was least beneficial, or even harmful, to your this riding? To the province as a whole?
- THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE HEALTHCARE TAX WHICH CRIPPLES AN ALREADY BURDENED TAXPAYER WITHOUT TRYING TO CUT COSTS.
|This page has been archived by an administrator, and sighted by a trusted user. It is no longer publicly editable.