Paris Hilton released from jail
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Reuters reported that her face expressed joy at her release as she left the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, where she served 23 days, at 12:15 a.m. PT. Hilton also reportedly left the jail looking a few pounds thinner than when she entered.
Ignoring the questions from the surrounding paparazzi and photographers, Hilton climbed into a white sport utility vehicle where her parents, Kathy and Rick Hilton, were waiting. Dodging the photographers on the street, they then went to Hilton's grandparents' house located in Holmby Hills, one of the richest neighbourhoods in the state of California. The way to their destination was not clear, though; cars full of paparazzi were following them all the way.
The L.A. Sheriff's Department spokesman, Steve Whitmore, said "she fulfilled her debt. She was obviously in good spirits. She thanked people as she left."
While Paris's original sentence was 45 days long, she was released early based on "a standard credit applied for good behavior."
- "Judge orders Paris Hilton to return to jail" — Wikinews, June 8, 2007
- "Paris Hilton released under house arrest" — Wikinews, June 7, 2007
- Cnn/ap. "Jubilant Paris Hilton out of jail" — , June 26, 2007
- Andrew Dalton, AP. "Freed Paris Hilton Puts Jail Behind" — , June 26, 2007
- Steve Gorman. "Paris Hilton leaves jail for Bel-Air mansion" — , June 26, 2007