Poisoned liquor kills 17 in Kenyan slum
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Police said the changaa "may have contained traces of methanol", BBC News reported.
The woman who distilled the liquor was arrested. Authorities are investigating if the addition of poison was accidental or not.
Changaa is often supplemented with additives that make it more potent. Many Kenyans die from poisoned liquor every year, often sold in the brewer's home.
- "Deadly home-brewed liquor kills 17 in Kenya" — , July 26, 2010
- "Moonshine kills 17 in Kenya" — , July 26, 2010