Poland: 27-year-old arrested in Stalowa Wola for stabbing eight people
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Yesterday, a 27-year-old Polish man was detained by the police in for stabbing at least eight people in VIVA shopping centre in south-eastern Poland.
The eight people were hospitalized, at facilities in Stalowa Wola,, and . Speaking to , police regional spokesperson Anna Klee said a 50-year-old woman died in hospital. Klee said, "He was attacking people from behind, hitting them with the knife".
Local police spokesperson Andrzej Wierszyna said the attack took place at the mall. In the official statement, police were notified about the incident at 3PM local time. The attacker was reportedly stopped by a gallery costumer. The accused was tested for alcohol, but the result was negative.
The attacker was reported locally as "Konrad K." Mariusz Ciarka, a National Police spokesperson, said they were testing suspect's blood further, after the negative alcohol test, as they "could not explain the motives for his actions".
- Monika Scislowska (Police: Stabbings at Polish shopping mall not terror attack" — , October 20, 2017 ). "
- Police rule out terror motive in shopping centre knife attack" — , October 20, 2017 . "
- Emma Beswick. "Knife attack in Polish shopping centre leaves one dead, at least eight injured" — , October 20, 2017
- Monika Scislowska. "Poland stabbing attack: Knifeman kills one and injures seven at shopping centre" — , October 20, 2017
- Official statement:. "Zaatakował ludzi nożem w galerii handlowej" — , October 20, 2017 ()